As 2009 takes a back seat next to Ms. Daisy, I reflect in a montage of thoughts and goals. Making ice cream is a very fun hobby that actually takes me away from the computer which is nice, but then puts me back to type this. Here’s a list of ideas/goals I have for the next 12 months:
1. Santa gave me a mini waffle cone maker so I can experiment with cone making and flavoring. [insert double fist pump]
2. Make ice cream for the local children’s hospital. Hopefully there aren’t too many dietary restrictions because I really want to make some fun flavors and use my sprinkles to the max. (I also really want to get a dog this year and have he/she be a therapy dog because what a combo that would be ice cream and a dog. what an outstanding song name.)
3. I hope to enter some sort of local ice cream competition.
4. Want to use real vanilla beans.
5. Spring/Summer should provide some fun experiments with fruits and sorbets. Flavors already on the mind are: Mojito, Shirley Temple Lemon Lime sorbet (I love grenadine), Mint/Cucumber, Blueberry, Watermelon, Tangerine, etc. eeee so excited!!
6. Try soy based ice creams for my veggie pals.
7. Santa also brought me a camera remote which will help me take better photos with the help of my three-legged friend, the tripod.
8. Going to work on staging photos, perhaps invest in some fun bowls, containers, clowns and mimes.
9. Find out shipping costs/needs.
10. Make a ridiculous commercial…as in informercial style. Wigs, black/white frustration sequence, “order now to some random town in CT,” etc. etc.
Here’s to 2010 and all that you have up your sleeve.